This time Apple Inc. has come up with its latest iPad 2. It is the second generation of iPad (tablet computer). The first thing you notice will be its design which is thinner and lighter than the first iPad i.e. iPad 1. Despite the fact that it’s slimmer than before, it still has a bunch of all new features including the previous ones along with same great battery life of 10 hours.
iPad 2 is available in two colors black or white. But if you still want some more colors to it you can go for the smart covers. These smart covers provide an additional protection to your iPad screen. They can be desirably flipped due to built-in magnets and are available in ten cool colors.
iPad 2 basically works as a platform for various audio-visual media such as movies, games, books, periodicals etc thus providing fabulous media experience and incredible app support. It has a new dual core Apple A5 processor and two cameras specially designed for FaceTime video calling. The processing speed is doubled and graphics processing speed is up to nine times faster than the earlier iPad.
New Features in iPad 2
Some of the new features coming with the iPad 2 are as follows:
- Front-mounted VGA camera & Rear-facing 720p camera allowing video conferencing.
- A motion-sensing Gyroscope & iOS 4.3 operating system support.
- New Smart Case that works magnetically.
- HDMI output dongle providing incomparable mobile browsing
iPad 2 Deficiencies
There are few points also where iPad 2 is lacking. Some of them are as follows:
- iPad 2 like previous iPad is not providing flash support restricting many quality online animations and rich Internet surfing.
- iPad 2 prices are relatively higher than the iPad 1 which repels people who don’t often use video conferencing or graphic intensive applications.
- The two Camera’s quality is really bad (less than 1 megapixel).
- Providing no improvement in the screen resolution.
- iPad 2 is also supporting 3G, not 4G.
Regardless of the new features of iPad 2 one can still opt for iPad 1 as the prices are cut down by $100. There are rumors in the market that Apple can launch iPad 3 with an iOS 5 this Christmas as a grand holiday present. Furthermore, better alternatives of iPad 2 can be launched in the 2011 tablet computing market.